Monday, October 26, 2009

I tried a number of different approaches to this scene and although a wonderful subject I'm just not there yet dealing with the complexity of this type of painting. But I soldier on and hope the next will get better. I like a lots of things I did with this painting. The sky, little town and to some degree the water I've been struggling with are getting better. But I'm still having a problem getting the boats to actually rest on the water. Should I paint the water-shadows darker? Or should I forget the shadows and concentrate on just the boats? Lots of choices. But slowly I'm learning new techniques and hope to pull them all together at some point into a really good painting.

Did you notice the building in the background is too dark taking the eye away from the subject?

No comments: