Friday, October 9, 2009

Here's one I'm a little more proud of. This old barn located near Angelica, NY has been sitting here looking at me for many years. I really never noticed it and frankly it was probably a working farm when I first saw it almost 7 years ago. But winters are tough in Angelica and they'll take an old barn like this down quickly.

I loosened up on this painting, didn't overwork it and I think it turned out fine. I used some of Tony Couch's methods and they do make it easier if you follow him closely. I've yet to master the wet on wet technique he uses but this one had a few spots in it that lent themselves to experimentation, the barn and roof for instance.

2 comments:

Tess said...

I love old buildings, but especially old barns. This turned out well, Andy.

Kathy Pool said...

Love this.