Thursday, October 29, 2009

I just love doing these little studies of Italian scenes. They're two dimensional but have such a wonderful ambience about them. This reminds me so much of a time I long ago visited the isle of Burano in the Venetian Lagoon. We had a wonderful supper in an out of the way little restaurant and while there met a very interesting couple who asked us back to their room for a nightcap on Piazza San Marco. We left the restaurant and boarded our boat home around midnight and went to our new found friends room known as the Verdi Suite and actually was home to Verdi on his frequent visits to Venice. A piece of his original work was framed on the wall as proof.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andy, I love this, and it look 3 dimensional to me! I love the shadows under the flower boxes.

carol

Tess said...

Love, love, love it!